DRUNK|Site Info|Clan website
Page
of 2

DRUNK Leaving Competitive Scene.....temporarily

10 replies
0 posts
0 votes
Untagged users
In light of our last 3 matches being either a No-Show Forfeit (On a match that was for FIRST on the ladder) or playing a man down, we are dropping from the competitive scene.

Fact of the matter is, too many of us have School and/or Work commitments that just don't allow us to make the matches or even put in the practice and dedication needed to be worth a damn whenever we can make the matches.

The hope is, that whenever school is not such an issue for many of us during the summer we can revive our competitive team. When this happens however, things will be different.....expectations will be set for the competitive members.

Along with these new expectations will be a new "division" of DRUNK....more of a "rebirth" of a part of DRUNK. In BC2 we called it the "Match Team", in PB we RE-created Intoxicated..........and that's just what is going to happen again. Intoxicated will be our competitive platoon and our new competitive name in TWL. The spelling is a bit different, because there are already multiple "Intoxicated" platoon's, it's now INTOX1C4T3D.

More on this to come, but just giving everyone a heads up on our current competitive state.
971a2d5f4de1c79f.png
Posted Apr 1, 12 · OP
18 posts
0 votes
Untagged users
It is unfortunate that this has happened but when only a few of us show up after alot of people acted like they wanted to compete when the joined us but thas life...shit happens...
0dd5f9450255cd1a.png
Posted Apr 2, 12
0 posts
0 votes
Untagged users
It's only temporary, I'm sure we'll be back at it in another 2-3 months.

Atleast now we can focus on being Pub-Star's.
971a2d5f4de1c79f.png
Posted Apr 2, 12 · OP
42 posts
0 votes
Admins
This'll be better in the long run. We're doing ourselves more harm than good by trying to compete with little or no practice and only 3 or so regulars taking the brunt of the beatings when we do get enough on. I know I'm one of the guilty that unfortunately hasn't been able to be on hardly at all the last few weeks due to work and personal schedule, etc. Hope that changes in the near future. Till then, totally behind you on this one SouCo.
ef5a28cf2b9406dd.png
Posted Apr 2, 12
39 posts
+2 votes
Untagged users
KingsTonLtD wrote:
This'll be better in the long run. We're doing ourselves more harm than good by trying to compete with little or no practice and only 3 or so regulars taking the brunt of the beatings when we do get enough on. I know I'm one of the guilty that unfortunately hasn't been able to be on hardly at all the last few weeks due to work and personal schedule, etc. Hope that changes in the near future. Till then, totally behind you on this one SouCo.

I agree. No point in stressing out about matches if we can't even pull enough to play in them. The good news is, everybody should be refreshed and ready to put a little more time into BF3 when summer comes around. Hopefully that means we will be able to get some serious practices going. I've been talking to xfactor from Rival Gaming on Gamers Portal and I think he would be willing to help us out a little (Basic strats and general tips and whatnot). Can't wait to finish up school for the semester so I can get back and pwn it up with you guys.
0d80be37a9ce015e.png
Posted Apr 5, 12
166 posts
+29 votes
Untagged users
Hopefully, DICE will fix this lag before we go back to the competitive side or I won't be.
Posted Apr 5, 12
29 posts
0 votes
Untagged users
I think you guys should stick it out, if only 3 show then play with three. Matches and the atmosphere in competitive play is THEE best way to get better, especially when the cards are stacked against you. That time allows you to refocus on particulars and hone in on what needs to be done. I 100% get the whole not having enough members sometimes, but stick it out, get a few constant "ringers" to join and fill the gaps for those nights when not all the regulars can join. You guys are one of the coolest legit clans I know and playing/scrimming/matching against you guys must continue!

Just saying, sad to see you guys retire for the mean time, gotta do what you gotta do! But I do respect yall so ... until you guys get back on the wagon, see you on the ladders!
5129d578ed8c3e45.png

No Mercy Given, breh.
Posted Apr 25, 12
29 posts
0 votes
Untagged users
And... sorry for the late response (been busy NO PUN-ish-ness intended, fuckin school & work ya know, muahah)
5129d578ed8c3e45.png

No Mercy Given, breh.
Posted Apr 25, 12
0 posts
0 votes
Untagged users
We are usually quite strict about not having "ringers".....though through a mutual agreement with another clan ( you guys ) I don't have an issue with it. It's more of a, "hey we're there to help each other out, than a ringer scenario". I guess for me it's just kinda like the "bounty" issue with the saints...........It's not really that big a deal to me, but the term "bounty" just makes everyone think it's some SOOO serious.
971a2d5f4de1c79f.png
Posted Apr 27, 12 · OP
29 posts
0 votes
Untagged users
looking forward to the day you can challenge us for rank #1 :sick:
5129d578ed8c3e45.png

No Mercy Given, breh.
Posted May 11, 12
Page
of 2
Announcement of